Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jonathan Hickman to take over writing duties on Fantastic Four!


Yes...I know. This is OLD news. It was announced at NYCC last weekend. But in case you hadn't noticed the lack of posts around these parts, I haven't been keeping up with my comics news like I should be. I mean, hopefully in the future I will be able to do nothing but read comics and write about them and write my own. Sigh. Maybe someday.

Anyways- I'm not a Fantastic Four fan. I like Reed Richards and his place in the Marvel Universe, but I've just never really been hip to the whole FF clan. Even when Mark Millar started writing it I didn't really care enough to buy it. But Jonathan Hickman writing this is enough for me to add it to my pull list TOUTE SUITE.

I only skimmed the article over at CBR, so as far as I can tell Hickman will be taking over "in a few months" with
Dale Eaglesham on board handling pencils.

I recently professed my love for Hickman and even then I really didn't go into much detail about why I think he's so great. Call it lazy blogging if you will, but I really think you just have to go out and buy some of his past work to see what's so refreshing about it. You more mainstream people already got a preview of what he's capable of if you picked up Secret Warriors last week. One issue into it and he and Bendis are already shaking things up.

Great news Jonathan and congrats. I just hope writing these more mainstream titles still affords you the time to keep putting out your own original ideas. God knows comics needs more of what you are putting out there right now.

- TFM

No comments: