Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like X-Mas...


Fuck yes!

If there is anyone that can even come close to being a worthy successor to Garth Ennis on The Punisher, it would hands down be one Mr. Jason Aaron. And I'm as giddy as a school boy that Jason makes his Punisher debut this very week with the holiday one-shot Punisher MAX X-Mas Special.

Here's what Jason told CBR:

"...it's got a couple of the darkest scenes I've ever written,” Aaron stated. “ There's no way I could ever even attempted a story like this in the Marvel Universe. Axel Alonso would've had me drawn and quartered. And he could do it, too.”

As any good little Scalped fan knows, thats a pretty lofty promise from ol' J. But I think I just might believe him.

If you are so inclined, CBR also has a preview of the first few pages at that same link. As for me, this is one holiday treat that I am going to need to enjoy all in one sitting.

Here's hoping this thing sells a gazillion copies and they put him on the ongoing series toute suite and el permanente.

- TFM

No comments: