Thursday, January 29, 2009

Review: Final Crisis #7


(Note: That is not the cover of Final Crisis #7)

In lieu of a review of Final Crisis #7, I'm just going to share a few thoughts I had while reading it (spoilerz of course!):

Huh?

What the fuck?

Man, I don't think I get any of this.

*Yawn*

Who cares?

Oh wait, I think it's making sense.

Nope. It's not

Ohhhh....it's a Final Crisis...but for the Monitors!

Huh? (in reference to the last page of the epilogue)

Look- bottom line is I feel like people either loved Final Crisis or they didn't. I'm not sure which category I'm in. I'm not as quick to judge something like this on first reading as I feel like it at least deserves a second look as a whole (instead of waiting a month or sometimes more in between chapters). The only problem with that is there are way too many great comics out there that are going on right now that I get and understand right away, so it's really hard to say when I will have the time to revisit Final Crisis. I think for someone like me this might be it's biggest letdown. The fact that I really want to "get" the grand scheme of what happened here but I just don't feel like I have the time right now.

CBR columnist Timothy Callahan actually wrote a nice concise article that helped me to somewhat understand the overall themes of what Final Crisis is all about. You can read the article here. Full disclosure: Mr. Callahan does have a book out called
Grant Morrison: The Early Years. He's what the haters call a 'GM Fanboy', so keep that in mind.

- TFM

No comments: