Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mark Millar's American Jesus Rerelease In Stores Today


I wasn't reading comics in 2004. It was during one of my many few year long sabbaticals from the medium, so I missed Mark Millar and Peter Gross's American Jesus the first time around.

Thanks to the fine people over at Image Comics, I won't miss it the second time. Book One, entitled Chosen, is getting a rerelease today.

I think Mark Millar is a brilliant writer, but that's not news to anybody. He can be a bit hit and miss for me (ie. wasn't really into 1985 but LOVE Old Man Logan), but who isn't? Answer: Warren Ellis. But that's off topic.

American Jesus seems right up my alley. For those of you out there who are like me and didn't catch this when it originally came out, here's the brief synopsis from Image:

"
From the writer of WAR HEROES, KICK ASS and the Universal hit, WANTED! It’s the next MARK MILLAR graphic novel set to become a feature film! AMERICAN JESUS, VOL. 1: CHOSEN follows a twelve-year-old boy who suddenly discovers he's the returned Jesus Christ. He can turn water into wine, make the crippled walk and perhaps even raise the dead. How will he deal with the destiny to lead the world in a conflict thousands of years in the making?"

I'll be picking this up today and will let you all know what I think.

- TFM

1 comment:

Hage said...

"didnt love the book but liked it. it was an interesting read but nothing super awesome from Millar here. Its like you go to a magician show, you get the fancy schmancy tricks but thats what you go in expecting."
-cbrsg.blogspot
hope you liked the book. =)