Friday, October 10, 2008

Young Liars #8

Dear David Lapham,

What are you smoking, and where can I get some?

"Young Liars" is seriously the weirdest book I have read since "The Invisibles". "Stray Bullets" was
fairly normal, "Silverfish" was a bit bizarre, but I never would have predicted this kind of insanity from Mr. Lapham! That being said, I'm finally starting to really enjoy the book.

I guess all that crazy spider planet stuff from issue #7 wasn't a dream sequence as I assumed it would be. Who knew? Sadie is still in a coma with Danny sitting vigil by her side. Annie is about to call the Pinkertons to claim the reward money but...what's that? A change of heart! And, oh yeah, she's a rebel operative from the spider planet. I feel like nothing I could type will make this all make sense to anyone.

Though most of the characters are despicable and the plot frequently makes little sense, I am definitely interested to see where he's going with this. I'll keep it on my pull list.



-AR

No comments: