Friday, November 14, 2008

Beasts!


Probably my favorite non-purchase of last year at Secret Headquarters was Beasts!. Published by Fantagraphics, compiled by Jacob Covey and featuring a slew of great artist renderings and descriptions of cryptozoological creatures:




My main problem is by the time I walk over and start to peruse the books and other publications I'm already loaded up to the chin with single issues and graphic novels to the point where my bank account is screaming for mercy.

But Beasts! was really rad and I flipped through it many times. It started with the first edition. Then that sold out. Then the second printing arrived so I would glance through another time. Then it just disappeared.



Well- good news for procrastinators everywhere. Not only is a soft cover edition of the first installment on it's way, but now a second installment will be available in December:




Comic Book Resources has a recent interview with Jacob Covey and artist Femke Hiemstra. Read it!


Preorder Beasts! Book 1 softcover

Preorder Beasts! Book 2 hardcover

Me? I'm off to crawl the internet to find myself a copy of Book 1 in hardcover. Cause I'm a sucker like that.


- TFM

2 comments:

Jacob Covey said...

Thanks for the awesome write-up on the books!

-jacob

omg spoilerz, plz! said...

You bet Jacob! Thanks for putting out awesome books. Let me know if you have a hardcover of Book One kickin' around that I can buy off ya. ;)

- TFM